Traditional purchasing systems, in which the customer orders from hundreds of suppliers, are more inefficient and more costly than ever. With so many suppliers, it is difficult, if not impossible, to establish relationships with vendors. It's also nearly impossible to keep up with the paperwork, receiving and inventory levels.
The days of large purchasing departments, cumbersome quote/purchase order processing and lack of inventory management add up to one thing: excessive costs.
With the advent of Integrated Supply, more and more customers are making the costly traditional model just that, a past tradition, and are taking the necessary steps to adopt Integrated Supply as the new purchasing model.
Below is a representation of benefits derived from partnering with Ferguson Integrated Services.
- Consumption reduction
- Lower cost of operation
- Reduced/eliminated administrative costs
- Pricing deflation
- Continuous improvement through data and reporting
- Reduced inventory investment
- Inventory planning leading to strategic investment
- Savings that out pace Investments
- Inventory disposition
- Increased product availability
- Faster response to need
- Metrics, visibility and transparency
- Technical support and product innovation
- Strategic systems implementation