Updated: May 7th, 2020, 3:00PM EST
As an essential business, we’ve been open and working alongside our customers throughout this situation. We’ve also had to change some of our processes to safely serve you. From virtual showroom appointments to online ordering and curbside pick-up at our counters, we’ve found ways to work better together
While we look forward to fully reopening our locations in the future, we do have good news to share: We are carefully planning to reopen select locations across the country over the next few weeks. Please refer to the locations directory to check your store's status.
Important information for your partnership with Ferguson
- Important location information
- A message from our CEO
- Location Finder
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CARES Act Consideration for Trade Contractors
- Essential Work for Our Essential Communities
- Our Commitment to Safety
- Without You, There Is No Us.
Ensuring safety as we reopen
In accordance with the White House’s Guidelines for Opening Up America, as well as guidance from state and local governments, we’ve built what we believe are the right safety measures and protocols needed to support a phased approach to reopening.
During the first phase of reopening, many things will remain the same:
- Across the company, associates who can perform their jobs remotely will continue to do so.
- Strict cleaning, sanitizing and social distancing protocols will continue.
- No food or drink service.
- Contactless proof of delivery.
- All travel and events suspended.
Some changes you might start to see include:
- Limiting the number of customers entering a showroom or counter.
- New directional signage for social distancing.
- Desks, counter terminals and other work areas spaced out at least six feet.
- Required use of masks and gloves for Ferguson associates.
- Required use of masks for customers as mandated by local municipalities.
- Contactless payment processing.
We will continue to offer virtual showroom appointments and pick-up at our counter locations (via phone and online ordering). While we’re excited to welcome you back into our locations, we strongly encourage you to use these options wherever possible to support your safety as well as that of our associates.
At our counters
The best way to do business with us during this situation is to order ahead and pick up in-store. You can do this in three ways:
Effective March 20th, all Ferguson counter locations will be pick-up and delivery only.
- Order ahead by calling your local branch or online by visiting ferguson.com and pick-up in store.
- Download the Ferguson app and place your order online. Register for online account access and download the Ferguson mobile app on Apple iOS devices or Android devices. If you need assistance, please call us at 1-888-222-1785. These tools ensure you’ll have relevant information at your fingertips, so you can:
- Check Prices and local inventory levels.
- View active bids, order history and account notifications.
- Place orders and take advantage of Pro Pick-Up where it’s available.
- Access and manage payment information (Ferguson.com only)
- Call your local branch with your order.
If you do visit a Ferguson counter, we are happy to assist in picking your orders for you. As well, most of our locations have designated a space for lines to form, allowing you to maintain a safe distance from other customers.
At our showrooms
In an effort to do our part and limit the spread of COVID-19, we have made the decision to close our showrooms and offer virtual or phone consultations in place of in-person consultations.
Our Commitment to Safety
Protecting the health and well-being of our associates, customers and suppliers is not a task we take lightly. We continue to implement new precautions across our business, in adherence with the recommended CDC guidelines, to ensure a safe experience for our customers and a healthy environment for our associates.
Our efforts include social distancing, regular disinfection of surfaces, tools and equipment, as well as not entering homes or businesses where illness is apparent. We’re also implementing additional strategies to help us do our part in combatting COVID-19:
- We’re requiring that all drivers keep a signed copy of their “Associate Health Care Certification Form” in their vehicle at all times, readily available to share if needed. This document certifies that the associate has had no signs of fever, cough or difficulty breathing in the last 24 hours, has not come in close contact with individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 and has not been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by any health officials.
- While N95 respirators are being reserved for healthcare workers, we will soon begin providing disposable masks and gloves to delivery and installation associates.
- For the time being, we are not requiring signatures for deliveries. Instead, we’ve implemented a new proof-of-delivery process that requires no interaction.
- Drivers will disinfect the vehicle interior, exterior handles, button, levers, etc., before and after leaving deliveries or service calls.
- Virtual showroom appointments instead of in-person consultations.
- Counters are pick-up and delivery only and some locations have counter kiosks outside. Customers are encouraged to order ahead (call or online) and pick-up in store.
- Associates who can work remote are doing so.
- Cleaning protocols have been enhanced in accordance with CDC guidelines.
CARES Act Considerations for Small and Mid-Sized Contractors
Through this crisis, Ferguson is committed to ensuring you get the supplies you need to keep this nation moving forward, and the information you need to keep your business running. Ferguson will work hard with you to navigate this incredibly dynamic and ever-changing situation. On March 27, 2020, President Trump signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which provides relief to taxpayers affected by COVID-19. Akerman, a top 100 U.S. law firm and partner to Ferguson, explains what the CARES Act means to Ferguson’s customers and partners.
For more resources and information, visit https://www.uschamber.com/.
- Please note a temporary change to our return policy. There is a national shortage of some JanSan and PPE products and healthcare facilities are priority when inventory becomes available in high-demand categories. We are monitoring the situation closely as it changes daily. As a result of these shortages, we have temporarily changed our return policy to "final sale" on bulk buys of select items.
What you can do
- View and pay your bill online by registering at ferguson.com/billpay.
- Communicate any changes in project timelines or delivery needs with your sales associate so that we can best meet your needs. We are in close contact with our manufacturers and suppliers at this time; most have indicated no interruptions to supply chain as of today. This situation continues to evolve and impacts to supply chain, which include potential shortages and extended lead times, remain to be seen.
Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to provide a safe experience for our customers and a healthy environment for our associates and communities. We are committed to providing you regular updates, check back to our site for more information. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you.