As part of our Ferguson Cares mission, we are committed to making a meaningful impact in five focus areas: hunger, housing, disaster relief, clean water and sanitation and the trades. We support national programs that impact the communities in which we live and work and invest in organizations that make Virginia’s Peninsula and Middle Peninsula a better place to live and work. Our branches also remain actively involved in their communities – combining to make a difference in many ways locally, regionally and nationally. We award grants to eligible organizations located within Ferguson's geographic footprint that are certified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Grants may be awarded for specific projects or initiatives, including capital projects or for general operating support.
In general, Ferguson does not support the following:
- Projects or programs outside of our five focus areas
- Organizations without an IRS tax-exempt 501 (c) (3) status
- Individual fundraising or fellowship assistance
- Organizations located where Ferguson does not have locations
- Political or religious-based organizations for sectarian purposes
- Sports, athletic events or athletic programs not related to current partnerships
- PTA groups, public or private school affiliated clubs, organizations, events or activities
- Memorial campaigns
- Fraternal or social organizations
- Private foundations
TO APPLY FOR A GRANT
If you would like to partner with Ferguson, please fill out the online application linked below. All requests must be made electronically. Phone calls and paper applications will not be accepted.
All nonprofit organizations must include the following with the electronic application:
- Certified 501(c)(3) letter from the IRS, designating the organization as a nonprofit, tax exempt, public supported charity
- Organization's statement of purpose
- Detailed description of program/initiative, how the grant will be utilized and any volunteer opportunities for Ferguson associates
- Measurable outcomes and program benchmarks
- Board of Directors
- Supporting materials, if applicable (annual reports, brochures, flyers, photos, press kits, etc.)
Ferguson reviews and funds grants on a quarterly basis. Please consider the meeting cadence when applying and allow proper time for review. Questions? Email Ferguson Cares.
Ferguson proudly serves as a national partner with Homes for Our Troops to help build mortgage-free, specially-adapted homes for post-9/11 Veterans, who were permanently injured in the line of duty. Explore our partnership with Homes for Our Troops and watch how this organization gives independence back to those who sacrificed for our country’s freedom.
Ferguson is actively pursuing solutions and working with various community and business partners to address the shortage of skilled trades professionals. As part of our mission to champion the skilled trades, we have partnered with SkillsUSA – an organization comprised of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce through the development of personal, workplace and technical skills. Our support focuses largely on introducing the trades to students in middle school, sponsorship of the annual National Leadership and Skills Conference, the WorldSkillsUSA team and furthering the organization’s core mission.