Fire Hydrant Repair
In emergency situations, a properly working fire hydrant is critical for ensuring public safety. Ferguson’s manufacturer certified hydrant repair teams can help you keep your hydrants in working order by assisting you with routine maintenance and minor repairs. Find out what we can do to make sure your hydrant will be ready if disaster strikes.
Fire hydrant repair services: How it works
- Replace worn gaskets and parts. We will inspect the hydrant components for signs of deterioration and replace any parts as needed. Our inventory of replacement parts and expansive vendor alignments allows us to quickly fix the hydrant with brand new components.
- Lubricate the operating nut and stem. To prevent seizing, stripping and binding, our hydrant repair team can be deployed to your locations to perform on-site lubrication of the hydrant valve stem. We use approved NSF-61 lubricants to keep the hydrant components moving smoothly.
- Repair leaking hydrants. If a hydrant has sprung a leak, we’re able to isolate the leak’s exact location and repair it promptly to minimize water waste.
- Sandblast and paint hydrants in place. We’ll first remove old paint with a sandblaster and then repaint the hydrant with a primer and a fresh coat of paint. We can perform this all in place without the hassle of having to remove the hydrant from its fixed location.
- Lower or raise the breakoff flanges. A hydrant that is installed to the proper depth is important to its function during an accident. As ground levels surrounding a fire hydrant change due to road widening, site work or landscaping, it’s important to make sure the hydrant’s height is adjusted to compensate for these changes. Our hydrant repair team will ensure safety by lowering or raising the hydrant to the appropriate height.
When you choose Ferguson Fire Hydrant repair services, you will extend resources by prolonging the life of fire hydrants and at the same time save time by keeping your current workforce focused on other important tasks.