TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT:
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale establish the rights, obligations, and remedies of Ferguson, LLC. (“Seller”) and Buyer, form the entire agreement between Seller and Buyer, and apply to all transactions between Seller and Buyer unless otherwise specifically agreed to in writing by both parties. All prior oral or written agreements, including but not limited to terms in Buyer’s purchase order, which are different from or in addition to these Terms and Conditions of Sale are not binding on Seller unless accepted in writing by Seller’s duly authorized representative.
- All orders are shipped F.O.B. point of shipment. Risk of loss will transfer to Buyer upon tender of goods to Buyer, Buyer’s representative or common carrier. The cost of any special packaging or handling caused by Buyer’s requirements or requests will be added to the amount of Buyer’s order. If Buyer causes or requests a delay of shipment, or if Seller ships or delivers an order erroneously as a result of inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information supplied by Buyer or Buyer’s agents or employees, all storage and other additional costs and risk will be borne by Buyer.
- All prices are subject to change unless otherwise noted on Seller’s quotation. Buyer will be invoiced at prices in effect at the time of shipment. All taxes, transportation costs, duties and other charges are in addition to quoted prices. The amount of any sales, excise or other taxes, if any, applicable to the goods shall be added to the purchase price and shall be paid by Buyer unless Buyer provides Seller with a valid tax exemption certificate.
- Seller will make a good faith effort to deliver goods in accordance with Buyer’s schedule. Seller will pay for expedited shipping of delayed goods if the delay in delivery is solely caused by Seller. Seller assumes no responsibility or liability for Seller’s non-performance caused by an act of God, war, labor disputes, civil unrest, accidents, the inability to obtain materials, delays of carriers, contractors or suppliers or any other causes beyond Seller’s control. Under no circumstances shall Seller be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, indirect, or liquidated damages, losses, or expenses of any kind arising from any shipping delays or failure to give notice of any shipping delay.
- Buyer may not cancel, change or modify an order without the written consent of Seller and payment by Buyer of all applicable cancellation or re-stocking fees.
- Buyer shall pay for the goods net 30 days from date of Seller’s invoice. In the event of a late payment, Seller is entitled to treat Buyer’s entire account(s) as immediately due and payable without notice or demand. All past due amounts will be subject to a service charge accruing at a rate of up to 1.5% per month. Buyer shall not be allowed to retain or holdback payment and Buyer’s payment obligations are not contingent on any event other than Seller’s performance. Buyer’s receipt of payment or funds from any third party shall in no way relieve Buyer’s obligations to pay Seller. Buyer’s credit application to Seller is hereby incorporated by reference. Buyer is not entitled to set-off any amounts due to Seller by any amount due by Seller to Buyer in connection with any transaction governed by these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
7. INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE:
- Buyer shall examine all goods upon receipt and prior to installation. All claims for damage, shortage, and errors in shipment or improper delivery must be made to Seller in writing within five (5) business days of delivery, after which date Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the goods and will have no right to reject the goods or to revoke acceptance. Buyer must make any claims for billing errors or adjustments to Seller in writing within ten (10) business days from the invoice date. Claims not received in writing within such period of time will be waived by Buyer.
- Buyer may return any good which Seller stocks and which is not a special order item if: (i) it is in new condition, suitable for resale in its undamaged original packaging and with all original parts; and (ii) it has not been used, installed, modified, rebuilt, reconditioned, repaired, altered or damaged. All returns are subject to a re-stocking fee, unless otherwise agreed to by Seller. Special orders or non-stock goods may be returned if the manufacturer is willing to accept the return and Buyer agrees to reimburse Seller for any restocking or cancellation fees charged by the manufacturer.
9. WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- (A) Private Label Goods: Unless otherwise specified in the product specifications, Seller warrants title to the goods and that for a period of twelve months after delivery to Buyer, Seller’s Private Label Goods shall conform to their specifications and be free from defects in material or workmanship. Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy for non-conformity with these warranties shall be repair or replacement of the non-conforming goods at Seller’s expense, or refund of the purchase price for non-conforming goods returned during the warranty period.
- Each party (“Indemnitor”) shall indemnify and hold harmless the other party and its employees, officers, directors, and agents (each an “Indemnitee”) from any suit, cause of action, judgment or claim (“Claim”) for damages to property or bodily injury, loss of life, infringement, liability of any nature, costs, or expenses, including reasonable attorney fees (“Damages”) to the extent caused directly by the negligent act or omission or intentional misconduct of the Indemnitor. Indemnification shall not apply to Damages proximately caused by the negligence of the Indemnitee.
- Seller shall maintain all insurance as required by law and shall not allow such coverage to lapse. Seller agrees to maintain Worker’s Compensation coverage as required by applicable state law, $2 million per occurrence and $4 million aggregate in commercial general liability, including product liability coverage, and $5 million in automobile liability coverage. All such coverage can be met through a standard, umbrella, or any combination of policies thereof. Upon request of Buyer, insurance coverage and these limits shall be evidenced by a Certificate of Insurance naming Buyer as an “Additional Insured”, on a primary and non-contributory basis in support of the indemnity obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Sale utilizing the equivalent of the CG2010 04/13 and the CG2037 04/13. Seller is not bound to pay any premium or other fee to an OCIP or CCIP type insurance program. Unless expressly provided in Seller’s quotation to Buyer, payment and performance bonds are not to be provided by Seller.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- Except as set forth in Section 9(D), neither Party shall be liable to the other for special, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, or indirect damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, revenues, capital, business opportunity or downtime costs, arising out of the sale of goods to Buyer. This limitation shall apply regardless if the claimed damages arise from breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, strict liability or any other legal theory.
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale will be construed as if prepared jointly by the parties hereto and any uncertainty or ambiguity will not be interpreted against any one party. If any provision contained in these Terms and Conditions of Sale is held to be unenforceable then such provision will be given effect in such reduced form as may be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction, provided that, if any provision should be declared unenforceable or invalid for any reason, such unenforceable or invalid provision will be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions of Sale without affecting the enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions.
- The failure of either Seller or Buyer to insist upon the strict performance of any of these Terms and Conditions of Sale will not be deemed to be a waiver of any of the right or remedies of Seller or Buyer, nor of its right to insist upon strict performance of such term or of any other term in the future. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions of Sale will be valid unless in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of the waiving party.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
- The parties shall attempt in good faith to resolve promptly any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions of Sale by negotiation between executives who have authority to settle the dispute. The executives must be at a higher level of management than the persons with direct responsibility for administration of these Terms and Conditions of Sale. If a dispute cannot be resolved by negotiation then either party may bring a legal action in accordance with Section 16 of these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
16. GOVERNING LAW:
- All disputes related to or arising out of Buyer’s order are governed by the laws of the jurisdiction where the goods are delivered. Any legal action related to or arising out of Buyer’s order shall be brought in the relevant state or federal court in such jurisdiction and any right to object to such venue or to assert the inconvenience of such forum is waived. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, and any successor thereto, shall not apply.
Back to the Top